Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in setting country code -- Wireless Lan Controller

ciscoroyzhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

try to setup a LAP for Singapore office, has encounter above errror message.

Following Country codes:   AU, KR,NZ,PH,SG  has been enalbed in Country Page. the LAP AIR-CAP3502I-S-K9  has been associated with KR intially. We try to change it to SQ, but the error persists.  this AP has been setup as HREAP,  any suggestion? 

Thanks

Roy

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you still have the AP local to you do you could capture the console output while setting the country?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes Stephen, I still have it with me ( in Sydney). I would like to test it before send them to Singapore. should I wait for it to be pluged into Singapore office then configure the contry code?

find the answer: disable the access point then it allow country code to be changed.

Awesome, that totally worked - thanks for the tip!!

jkilleda
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Roy,

Error in setting country code -- Wireless Lan Controller
Generally you configure one country code per controller, however WLC code 4.1 onwards allows you to configure up to 20 country codes per controller. This enables you to manage APs in various countries from a single controller. For a given AP all radios should be in same regulatory domain. There is an exception for MESH APs where you have to configure single country code on WLC for them to register.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: