Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error upgrading the firmware from 3.0 to ny version on WLC

Hi All,

Please help me on this issue:-

I am currently running 3.0 version on my WLC 4402 and i want to upgrade it to the latest versions. I am following the correct procedure mentioned in the cisco link but its failing.

The error is TFTP Path is getting as:c:\temp\/ error and the firmware is not getting uploaded,

Plz see the snap shot and let me know what am i doing wrong.

5 REPLIES

Re: Error upgrading the firmware from 3.0 to ny version on WLC

take out the file path and leave the default of /(slash). the controller will use the root tftp folder to find the image.

TFTP Path = /

I forgot to add, please read the release notes to see which version you can upgrade to as this will have to be done in stages.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00805f381f.shtml

Hi kris,

Thanks for the info.

I am following this link itself ut as i told after i give the tftp dest download path as c:\temp after that the download failed and gives the error: c:\temp\/ (Forward slash) i am not sure why this forward slash coming into picture?

Kindly let me know if you have face something like this.

I would not include any path, as the controller would automatically include a forward slash, just make sure that the file is within the TFTP root folder.

Hope this helps

Also make sure that your TFTP server supports larger files, a recommended TFTP server is 'tftpd32'

Regards

Views
Helpful
Replies