Views
Helpful
Replies

Event Log on AP 1200

zadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using an AP1200 Software 12.02A with Nokia D211 802.11b client adapter. I'm using SSID and static 40 bits WEP key. Everything works fine except that I always get the following Log message on the AP1200 each time a user logs-in:

Station 00e003xxxxxx Failed Authentication, status "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm"

Again, the connection is established and everything works fine, but this message appears each time with Nokia card only (with Cisco adapter I got no Log). Any idea ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Reading the user manual for the Nokia card they rely pretty heavy on the SIM

The card may be trying to do EAP-SIM then when this fails trys again using static WEP ??? Not sure if the Nokia card will do that, it was not clear in their user manual

The other thing I saw was they have a built in VPN client that may also be causing this but it is less likely than the first suggestion.

Try turning off the sim authentication and see if the problem still occurs. NB this may affect your GPRS connection so please also test that after the changes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: