Views
Helpful
Replies

FATAL errors in Cisco 350 AP

s.kadagathur
Level 1
Level 1

I would appreciate the feedback for the following messages in wireless AP

Radio Enable Failed with error "Bad Authentication Type". Temporarily Disabling WEP Encryption and re-Attempting Enable. THIS ERROR MAY INDICATE TAMPERING WITH THE RADIO AND/OR ITS ENCRYPTION KEYS!

Please note that I am not using WEP in the AP. Would there be a site for wireless AP error messages and the possible solution. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

The resolution to your error message is the following.

Reset the access point WEP configuration. If this message appears continuously, reload the access point firmware.

This was pulled from the following URL that will assist you with future messages as well. I would try to reset the AP back to factory defaults and reconfigure the unit. Last resort would be to reload the firmware.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f78a.html

Thanks for the feedback. Please note I have not enabled WEP and I am employing third party security to secure the wireless network. The AP's are not WEP enabled.

Simha

I understand that you are not using WEP. I suggest that you reset the AP to factory defaults and reconfigure the unit to see if that eliminates the error messages. If it does not, then you will need to either reload the firmware as suggested by the URL or upgrade your firmware.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card