Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Flex Connect DHCP at remote site

Hi,

I am using Flex connect across a site to site VPN. For the WLAN at the remote office, I would like to use a different DHCP server than the one I use at the main office. 

Is there anyway I can do this using the same WLAN pointing to 2 different DHCP servers?

I have already tried putting a primary and secondary DHCP under the interface that is used by the WLAN but that doesn't work.

I have not yet tried putting in the DHCP override because that will force DHCP requests to go to one server only.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
VIP Purple

If you are using FlexConnect

If you are using FlexConnect local switching, then interface configuration map to SSID is not important. All traffic terminate at branch switch SVI & DHCP request will forward to DHCP server configured under that SVI (ie ip helper-address x.x.x.x).

In that way local mode AP (at central office) will use DHCP configured under dynamic interfaces where as remote brach users will use another DHCP server.

Is that something useful in your scenario ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful response ****

VIP Purple

Hi Waqas,If you are doing

Hi Waqas,

If you are doing vlan mapping with local switching, your AP connected switchport has to configure as trunk port & allow vlan that you want.

Once you configure it as trunkport you need to configure native vlan as 90 (since your AP management is on vlan 90). Then for your local-switching users are on vlan70, you need to configure ip-helper address under "interface vlan 70"

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

5 REPLIES
VIP Purple

If you are using FlexConnect

If you are using FlexConnect local switching, then interface configuration map to SSID is not important. All traffic terminate at branch switch SVI & DHCP request will forward to DHCP server configured under that SVI (ie ip helper-address x.x.x.x).

In that way local mode AP (at central office) will use DHCP configured under dynamic interfaces where as remote brach users will use another DHCP server.

Is that something useful in your scenario ?

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful response ****

Community Member

Thanks for the reply, The

Thanks for the reply,

The part that confuses me is that the switchport connected to the Flexconnect AP is an access port not a trunk. For example, the AP is on Vlan 90 and the DHCP is on Vlan 70. The users that are associated with the AP are in different Vlans than 90, Vlan 70 is the only one that is locally switched. Would I put the ip helper address on interface Vlan 90 pointing to the local DHCP?

Thanks,

Waqas

VIP Purple

Hi Waqas,If you are doing

Hi Waqas,

If you are doing vlan mapping with local switching, your AP connected switchport has to configure as trunk port & allow vlan that you want.

Once you configure it as trunkport you need to configure native vlan as 90 (since your AP management is on vlan 90). Then for your local-switching users are on vlan70, you need to configure ip-helper address under "interface vlan 70"

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Community Member

A million Thank You's Rasika,

A million Thank You's Rasika,

This has fixed my issue.

Waqas

VIP Purple

Hi WaqasThat's Great.. Glad

Hi Waqas

That's Great..