Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Flex connect... maybe I am wrong but...

ok I'm making some lab test with flex connect

what I would like to do is to create an ssid without linking it to an interface.. this is cause I would like to assign the locally switched vlan directly on the AP or via group without the need to create a new interface on the wlc.

or if possible to create a new dummy interface whithout an ipaddress and vlan ID

the problem raises when I enable the flex wlan and assign it to a local switched vlan (manual) and then I move that ap to an ap group... the manual vlan value gets overwritten with the wlc interface vlan ID!!!

is there a solution /workaround?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Flex connect... maybe I am wrong but...

That is how it works. You can use a dummy vlan, but any glitches to the AP can result in the WLAN to vlan mapping to change to obtain the interface vlan. Certain code versions work better with keeping the WLAN to vlan mapping when changing the interface, but that's usually when moving the ap to a different group. So move the AP's to the group and then set your WLAN to vlan mapping. That is what I do. Make sure all your WLC's have the WLAN ID matching and that the ap groups are also defined in each or else if an ap moves to anothe WLC it will loose its WLAN to vlan mapping.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES

Re: Flex connect... maybe I am wrong but...

That is how it works. You can use a dummy vlan, but any glitches to the AP can result in the WLAN to vlan mapping to change to obtain the interface vlan. Certain code versions work better with keeping the WLAN to vlan mapping when changing the interface, but that's usually when moving the ap to a different group. So move the AP's to the group and then set your WLAN to vlan mapping. That is what I do. Make sure all your WLC's have the WLAN ID matching and that the ap groups are also defined in each or else if an ap moves to anothe WLC it will loose its WLAN to vlan mapping.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Flex connect... maybe I am wrong but...

Here is a thread in case you need to have to enter the vlan mappings:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3959749#3959749

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content