Views
Helpful
Replies

Flex Mode AP & SSID behaviour query

marioderosa2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a FlexMode AP which serves two SSIDs... A Corporate SSID and a Internet SSID.

Both SSIDs have been configured for FlexConnect local switching. However I have only defined a VLAN to SSID mapping on the AP for the Corporate SSID, so should the Internet SSID still CAPWAP back to the controller in local mode?

This site does not have a local VLAN for local Internet so the SSID needs to be CAPWAP'd back to the DC... is this possible?

Thanks

Mario

3 Replies 3

Justin.Nichols
Level 1
Level 1

Your guest internet SSID can still tunnel back to your controller, I have set this up several times.  Just need to have the SSID configured to be centrally switched and to use your central Internet only VLAN that is attached to the controller.

Justin.Nichols
Level 1
Level 1

To add to my previous post.  You need you internet only SSID to be centrally switched.  Remove the config for flexconnect from the SSID.  Flexconenct APs can use non Flexconnect SSIDs for central switching.

Hi Justin, thanks for the reply.

The issue is that I want the same SSID "External" to appear at both branch and HQ, but all the HQ APs are in Local Mode and the Branch APs are in FlexConnect mode.

so can I not have one SSID configured for both Central Switching and Local Switching depending on the AP type?

Or would I need to create a new WLAN just for the branches but with the same SSID but configure it for local switching instead of central switching?

Thanks

Mario

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card