cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect and DHCP on 5508 controller

dustinhenry1
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up a new 5508 controller with 2702i APs and I am trying to configure flexconnect for the APs located in three remote offices. I have one SSID that will be the same at all sites and have the option checked for local switching on this WLAN.  The controller has access points and users connected to it at the main site.  I now want to get the remote access points connected back the controller.  I am not sure how DHCP should be setup for the remote locations.  Can I use the controllers internal server or should I use a server located at the remote site?  

- Dustin

3 Replies 3

Dhiresh Yadav
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Since you are using local switching , all the traffic after authentication will be switched locally , So DHCP packets will also be switched locally , so you can have this server at the remote location.

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate helpful posts**

Do I need to create flexconnect groups for each of my remote sites?

Hi,

configure Flex connect group:

> for pushing the config in all the Aps in one shot plus to enable the roaming between the flex aps located at that particular site plus some other stuff.

Regards

Dhiresh

**Please rate all helpful posts**

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card