Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

FlexConnect and Multiple Vlan.

Dear Experts:

Greeting!

I am going to deploy FlexConnect mode on my remote site (only 2 APs).

I hope to setup 2 SSIDs, one for employees, one for guests. the employees' SSID will be associated to Vlan 10, the guests' SSID will be associated to vlan 11. Both date switching and user authentication will be handled locally.

I'd like to solidate whether it is possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

It is possible... you have to

It is possible... you have to define the WLAN as FlexConnect Local Switching in the Advanced tab, then you have to trunk the AP and allow the two vlans.  On the AP, you also have to define the native vlan and the WLAN to vlan mapping on the FlexConnect tab.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/98646/wireless-lan-flexconnect-configuration-example

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi guys, I have an issue on

Hi guys, I have an issue on flexconnect with remote site. we are extending our ssid's to remote offices.

the int used while making the ssid flexconnect was management int which is in vlan 116. in the remote office we need to make vlan mappings for guest. in the remote site our native vlan is 1 and after completing the vlan mapping for guest and ssid network for employees with native vlan 1,the users are unable to obtain ip address from the dhcp server thru wireless.

the local lan vlan is in vlan 1 and the ap's also have management address fro the same vlan.

Thanks

Bronze

HiIt is possible, you can you

Hi

It is possible, you can you do local switching by using flex connect local switching enabled in WLC.

step by step explanation is available on below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/98646/wireless-lan-flexconnect-configuration-example

Hi guys, I have an issue on

Hi guys, I have an issue on flexconnect with remote site. we are extending our ssid's to remote offices.

the int used while making the ssid flexconnect was management int which is in vlan 116. in the remote office we need to make vlan mappings for guest. in the remote site our native vlan is 1 and after completing the vlan mapping for guest and ssid network for employees with native vlan 1,the users are unable to obtain ip address from the dhcp server thru wireless.

the local lan vlan is in vlan 1 and the ap's also have management address fro the same vlan.

Thanks

Hi, Did you ever get this

Hi, Did you ever get this sorted? I have exactly the same issue.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content