Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Flexconnect - Number of AP pr. Flexconnect Group ?

Hi All

I was searching for this question.

How many APs can you put into a single Flexconnect Group ?

I know that this varies by platform and software release, but I cannot find the numbers anywhere.

In the relase notes it is only mentioned that the number of groups have increased (7.2).

In the configuration guide (7.2), it only says how many APs you can join to a group on the 7500, not any of the other platforms.

Is there a "FlexConnect Feature Matrix" like page where this information is available ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Thomas,

Here we go

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the  platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

Up to 100 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller

Up  to 1000 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller. The  Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller can accommodate up to 50 access  points per FlexConnect group.

Up to 20 FlexConnect groups with up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html#wp1225516

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Thomas,

Here we go

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the  platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

Up to 100 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller

Up  to 1000 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller. The  Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller can accommodate up to 50 access  points per FlexConnect group.

Up to 20 FlexConnect groups with up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html#wp1225516

Cheers!

Rob

"Always movin' ahead and never lookin' back" - Springsteen

I would really like to push the "correct answer" button :-)

But ... I really would like the complete list (not for the EoS Controllers).

The URL does not mention how many APs pr group for the 5508 (my gues is 50)

And the WiSM2 is not mentioned at all (I would asume it is the same numbers as the 5508).

Does anyone have these numbers ?

And do anyone know if these numbers have changed for the upcomming 7.3 release ?

From the 8.0 Configuration

From the 8.0 Configuration guide :

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

• Up to 100 FlexConnect groups and 25 access points per group for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller.

• Up to 1000 FlexConnect groups and 50 access points per group for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller in the 7.2 release.

• Up to 2000 FlexConnect groups and 100 access points per group for Cisco Flex 7500 and Cisco 8500 Series Controllers in the 7.3 release.

• Up to 20 FlexConnect groups and up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms

No mention of WiSM2 or 2504 (but i guess that those numbers are the same as 5508 since they share software).

The vWLCs numbers are : Supports up to 200 Cisco FlexConnect groups and 100 access points in each FlexConnect group. <- Taken from the vWLC datasheet.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Flexconnect - Number of AP pr. Flexconnect Group ?

Robs post is correct.... 25 AP's per FlexConnect Group on your 5508. Will it increase in 7.3... Well it didn't in 7.2, so I'm guessing not yet.

The number of FlexConnect groups and access point support depends on the platform that you are using. You can configure the following:

•Up to 100 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco 5500 Series Controller

•Up to 1000 FlexConnect groups for a Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller. The Cisco Flex 7500 Series Controller can accommodate up to 50 access points per FlexConnect group.

•Up to 20 FlexConnect groups with up to 25 access points per group for the remaining platforms.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content