Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

General Home Wireless connectivity issue

Hello ,

I would really appreciate if you can suggest me any solution to this issue.

We have an Apple Mac Computer, This  is connected to the phone socket via a Net Gear device and the wireless  network is created via an Apple Airport. The issue we have is that all  this "gear" is up one end of the house and we want to use the wireless  network (for an iPad) down the other end of the house but the signal  does not reach that far. Another "expert" recommended we get an airport  express halfway down the house to boost the signal but that did not  work.

Please advise,

Regards

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Yes, all cabled to the router.

The reason for this is that depending on the house and how it affects the RF interfirence the wifi sifgnal may be affected and due to this if you try to use repater, or some similar option with no cables it may not work as expected.

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Hi,

The best option would be to get anohter airport device and connect it to the main switch or router using a cable.

Thank you so much for your reply,

I will try and keep you updated on the progress, Thank you once again!

Bronze

Hi,

I have somthing similar at home.

I have 4 airpoirt on different locations of the house, all configured to work as AP only with static IP address, with the same SSID and Password and cable all back to the main router connected to the cable modem and works fine.

Yes , looks like same setup. Probably your advise will work out for me as well!  i will keep you updated on the status as I'm working on this issue in the coming weekend.

Thanks!

Small doubt again, So you have 4 cables routed from 4 different places at home to the mail router connected to the cable modem. Can't we do any thing without cables just via wireless?

Bronze

Yes, all cabled to the router.

The reason for this is that depending on the house and how it affects the RF interfirence the wifi sifgnal may be affected and due to this if you try to use repater, or some similar option with no cables it may not work as expected.

that makes sense to me,

Thanks! I will update you once its worked it out!

Views
Helpful
Replies