Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic 802.11 and AP1220 problem

I tried to connect a laptop integrated 802.11 client with an AP1220, using static WEP key (40bit).

The client succeed in obtaining an ip address from the dhcp server, and it can ping the AP and the hosts in the lan but, from the AP menu and from the laptop menu, the link tests always fail.

Someone can explain that?

TIA.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Generic 802.11 and AP1220 problem

1)If you are getting the message "You cannot run a linktest because your Cisco Wireless LAN Adapter is not associated" while linktest,this indicates an attempt was made to run a link test while the client adapter was not associated to an access point or other wireless device. Run the link test after the client adapter is associated to an access point or another wireless device.

2))If you are getting the message "You cannot run a linktest because the radio in your Wireless LAN Adapter is not on",this indicates that An attempt was made to run a link test while the client adapter's radio was off. Turn on the client adapter's radio by selecting Radio On from the Commands drop-down menu; then run the link test.

3)If there is a condition that ""You must specify an IP address before running a linktest!",Then here An attempt was made to run a link test although the IP address of the access point or other wireless device with which to test the RF link was not specified. In the Linktest screen's IP Address of Access Point field, enter the IP address of the access point or other wireless device with which you want to test the RF link.

These are the possible reasons for a link test failure.

Re: Generic 802.11 and AP1220 problem

The strange thing is the client is properly associated and it has a valid IP address, indeed I can ping the hosts beyond the AP.

The linktest just show me "Failed to communicate with the client" or similar.

The laptop is a Toshiba with an integrated 802.11 card.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content