Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting IP through DHCP via radio port of Cisco Wireless AP 1200

haseeb_eng
Level 1
Level 1

The scenarios is like this :-

PC--AP1--radiowirlesslink--AP2--network(dhcp)

Scenario: I had connected Cisco Wireless AP 1200's(AP2) ethernet interface to the network and it is getting IP address from dhcp, and then i had connected another Cisco 1200 access point (AP1) with AP2 via radio interface. AP1 also got the ip address from the DHCP. Uptill here everything works fine.

Problem: Now i want the PC behind AP1 to get the DHCP server IP address also. AP1 is in repeater and AP2 is in root mode. Anybody can tell me is it possible if yes then what is the procedure ?

1 Reply 1

Craig Norborg
Level 4
Level 4

That somewhat depends on exactly what your asking. Is the PC that is behind AP1 wireless or wired? If its wired, you cannot do that. The 1200 will act as a wireless repeater for wireless clients, but if you want to have it act as a wireless bridge, it will not do that. In this case you would need to get a BR350 or the newer 1400. Or possibly a wireless workgroup bridge (not sure of model #'s)...

If the client is also wireless, it should be working on a fairly default config with the AP set up to be repeater/non-root.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card