cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting slow throughput on Aironet 2802i

it
Level 1
Level 1

hello I am using a brand new Aironet 2802i access points connected to cisco FEX switch using a Flexconnect. the throughtput link gets up to 170mbps at the tops while using 802.11AC. while at home with Airport router I get 300Mbps. how come?

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In order to negotiate that high, you need to make sure that your using 40mhz channel width or higher. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Can i change it for a specific AP on WLC?

You can do either. I would set it globally to be honest. 

-Scott 

-Scott

how do I make the change I could only find it under Rf policies (and there was written 20 mhz(Best).. why 20 is recommended and not wider?

If you are using RF profiles then that is where you make the change or else it's under the WIRELESS tab in the radio section for DCA.  Default is 20mhz and if you don't have a very high density of AP's you should be fine with 40mhz. Choosing best will let the controller decide what to use. 

-Scott 

-Scott

How do i let the AP to choose?

You select "Best"

-Scott 

-Scott

i agree with scott regrading using 40MHz channel width, depends on the 5GHz deployment and density (do a 5Ghz scan), be aware of co-channel interference when you use 80MHz.

Using 40 MHz channels and seldom get above 130/ 150.

When you are testing, are you testing internal using iperf? Depending also what your device negotiates at, you divide that number in half and that’s your theoretical max. So if you connect at 300mbps, then theoretically you would see 150mbps max.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card