Getting Started with PEAP and Tablet PCs

jason.scott
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to get PEAP working with the following devices:

CiscoSecure ACS 3.1

Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC with latest drivers for built in wireless card

Cisco Aironet 1100 AP

I believe everything is configured correctly on the AP - I have Open and Network EAP checked. No VLANs configured. The ACS box has the AP registered as a network device with the same key as entered on the AP itself, and with Radius (Cisco Aironet) selected.

Unfortunately my clients associate but fail to obtain a DHCP address and pass traffic.

The Tablet PC is configured for windows XP networking, using PEAP and dynamic wep keys (or the key is provided for me).

Has anyone had experience with these devices? We have been successful in getting LEAP working with Cisco ACU on a full laptop. The Tablet PCs won't run the ACU software.

Edit:

Just found some past replies which have helped clear things up a little. Could someone tell me if my thinking below is correct please?

ACS version 3.1 supports PEAP for Cisco wireless cards/clients only and does not support PEAP for 3rd party cards and the Microsoft supplicant.

ACS version 3.2 supports PEAP for Cisco cards, but also supports PEAP with third party cards and the Microsoft supplicant.

So in theory, upgrading to 3.2 would enable us to use Tablet PCs such as the TC1000 with our wireless APs and PEAP authentication.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Upgrading to ACS 3.2 should allow PEAP to work with your TabletPCs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Upgrading to ACS 3.2 should allow PEAP to work with your TabletPCs.

Thank you for the confirmation. Upgrade on order!

bloconnor
Level 1
Level 1

The tabletpc will require an update to it's driver to support PEAP. I ended up using a third-party application, Aegis client, that supports LEAP.

bernie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card