Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Guest access to WLAN.

I have 8 Cisco 1230AP's providing access to my LAN for laptop users. The encryption is via WPA. I now need to setup unencrypted access to the internet for guests/visitors - keeping them away from my LAN and internal network. How can I do this? Thanks for your help...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Guest access to WLAN.

the only thing you can really do if your ap's are autonomous is to create another ssid and place that on a different vlan. Then you can use acl's to prevent guest subnet from accessing the internal network. Or you can place the guest user on that different vlan and then have a dsl connected to that subnet for guest users to use. That vlan will not have a layer 3 interface so it will be isolated from the rest of your network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Guest access to WLAN.

the only thing you can really do if your ap's are autonomous is to create another ssid and place that on a different vlan. Then you can use acl's to prevent guest subnet from accessing the internal network. Or you can place the guest user on that different vlan and then have a dsl connected to that subnet for guest users to use. That vlan will not have a layer 3 interface so it will be isolated from the rest of your network.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content