Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest accounts in WLC lobby admin

Bjorn Lindstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a Cisco WLC based wireless network and provide a guest network for visitors. Currently we are using the built in lobby admin tool to create guest accounts, but it is very limited. The password auto generation gives you a popup in Internet Explorer with no way to copy the password and it is not possible to show a summary page or similar for printing (that I have found). This means that the receptionist usually ends up giving the visitor a handwritten post-it note with the username and password. I’m looking for some tool that can simplify this, basically a slightly better interface that can present a page with the username and password for printing.

Is there any way to do this with the WLC, or any 3:rd party tool that can achieve this?

I know that the WCS/NCS has this functionality, but it’s a bit expensive just to be able to print guest account information.

1 Reply 1

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bjorn,

Unfortunately, the solution you are looking for is in fact provided in WCS/NCS/PI.  With that said, I am not aware of any way to do this through the WLC or any other 3rd party tool. 

Lobby Ambassador through WCS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0manag.html#wp1083504

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card