Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guest Anchor N+1: Multiple guest WLANs and Mobility List

Hi Experts,

We are going to replace two guest anchor controllers WLC4402 sitting in different DMZs with two WLC5508 as N+1 redundant pair in one DMZ.

I assume each guest anchor controller should support multiple guest WLANs. Is it correct?

And between these two new anchor WLCs, do they need to add each other to Mobility List?

Or maybe I should ask first, does it matter if they are in the same mobility group or not?

Thanks

Cedar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

N+1 for guest anchors isn't what N+1 was designed for.  N+1 was designed for redundancy for WLC's supporting access points, not mobility anchors.  This solution might work, but I really doubt Cisco will support this setup, but I can be wrong.... you can always talk with your local Cisco SE or open a TAC case and ask.

Guest anchors should have a different mobility group name from the foreign WLC's.  You do need the foreign to have both guest anchors and the guest anchor to just have the foreign WLC(s).  The redundant guest anchors do not need to have each other in the mobility group list.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 REPLIES

N+1 for guest anchors isn't what N+1 was designed for.  N+1 was designed for redundancy for WLC's supporting access points, not mobility anchors.  This solution might work, but I really doubt Cisco will support this setup, but I can be wrong.... you can always talk with your local Cisco SE or open a TAC case and ask.

Guest anchors should have a different mobility group name from the foreign WLC's.  You do need the foreign to have both guest anchors and the guest anchor to just have the foreign WLC(s).  The redundant guest anchors do not need to have each other in the mobility group list.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, we had talked to local Cisco SE and submitted the order for N+1 SKU anchor controller.

Thanks for the answer.

Cedar

Re: Guest Anchor N+1: Multiple guest WLANs and Mobility List

No problem!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content