Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Guest Users Log out.

I am using WLC 2504 with the software ver 7.4.121.0 and i am facing the problem with the guest user account it log out after connecting for a while. I am not understanding how to fix this issue. 

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi ,You need to change the

Hi ,

You need to change the timeout setting on WLC.

Check these posts.

Change: session timeout, idle timeout(just for test make it 65535second and let me know the result)

http://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/05/07/timeout-setting-on-wireless-lan-controller/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Gold

Using the GUI to Configure a

Using the GUI to Configure a Session Timeout

To configure a session timeout for wireless clients on a WLAN using the controller GUI, follow these steps:

Step 1 Choose WLANs to open the WLANs page.

Step 2 Click the ID number of the WLAN for which you want to assign a session timeout.

Step 3 When the WLANs > Edit page appears, choose the Advanced tab. The WLANs > Edit (Advanced) page appears.

Step 4 Select the Enable Session Timeout check box to configure a session timeout for this WLAN. Otherwise, unselect the check box. The default value is selected.

In the Session Timeout text box, enter a value between 300 and 86400 seconds to specify the duration of the client session. The default value is 1800 seconds for the following Layer 2 security types: 802.1X, Static WEP+802.1X, WPA+WPA2 with 802.1X, CCKM, or 802.1X+CCKM authentication key management and 0 seconds for all other Layer 2 security types (Open WLAN/CKIP/Static WEP). A value of 0 is equivalent to no timeout.

Step 5 Click Apply to commit your changes.

Step 6 Click Save Configuration to save your changes.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/wlc_cg70MR1/cg_wlan.html#pgfId-1262358

Views
Helpful
Replies