Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Guest wireless routed to a different ISP?

We have a a 4402 with several WLANs including a Guest WLAN. Is it possible to route all traffic from the Guest WLAN to a separate ISP? Guest is setup on a different VLAN. Would this be configured in the 4402, the switches, or our ASA device?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JK

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Guest wireless routed to a different ISP?

On the controller, I would send the guests to a specific interface, which is a specific VLAN/subnet. Then I would route this subnet to the second ISP from your router or layer 3 switch...

hth

Jerome

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jerome is right, or else you can disable LAG and configure port 1 as the management and ap-manager and connect that to you infrastructure and then assing the ssid to port 2 which will be connected to a switch with your other isp or dsl connection.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
2 REPLIES

On the controller, I would send the guests to a specific interface, which is a specific VLAN/subnet. Then I would route this subnet to the second ISP from your router or layer 3 switch...

hth

Jerome

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jerome is right, or else you can disable LAG and configure port 1 as the management and ap-manager and connect that to you infrastructure and then assing the ssid to port 2 which will be connected to a switch with your other isp or dsl connection.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies