Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest wireless : web page is not redirecting /Goes to Cisco default page

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Experts,

I have issue with Guest Wireless network , we have Guest (Anchor) controller connected to DMZ into Firewall, DHCP server is locally configured in Anchor controller.

We have internal web authentication web page for our company but unfortunately , we are getting cisco default page.

Whenever any guest tries to access wireless network, they suppose to get our customized web page asking for password but it is not happening as of now .

Now if client is trying to access wireless network, it goes to cisco default page asking for username and password.

I have attached the screenshot which elaborate about current configuration about < Web auth> option , respective SSID configuration,  and client policy manager stage :

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Depending on the wlc and code, I have seen this issue and my fix was when I uploaded the custom webauth was to set it back to default and hit apply then set it back to custom and hit apply again. Male sure both the internal and foreign wlc are set to custom also.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Well I was thinking it was a custom downloaded webauth bundle not a modified default Cisco template from the WLC.  You need to make sure that webauth page is on the anchor wlc not on the foreign wlc.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry i could not reply since i was out of office.

Well, I have rechecked and let me explain in brief manner.

Based on your reply , i rechecked and found some of the misconfiguration .... like we need to select custom download option instead of internal default.  we are unable to configure same web login page as we have done in guest controller.

Observation on Guest controller :

1 ) We have configured the correct web login page in anchor controller /Guest controller and when we click on < preview page> option we are getting expected page because if we see the configuration of Guest SSID , we can see the <login.html> option configured under web auth type > login page

Observation on Internal WLC :

1)  We have configured the correct web login page in foreign controller /internal  controller and when we click on preview page we are not getting expected page because if we see the configuration of Guest SSID we cannot see the login.html option to configure under web auth type > login page.

Once we click on preview page : we get < HTTP404 not found > error  since we do not have login.html page which can be selected under SSID layer 3 configuration.

I think , We need to download  webauth bundle in Internal controller , then only we can get login.html option under Guest SSID configuration >

But i am not aware about this process that how to download webauth bundle .

I would like to highlight one more point here , We have couple of sites where as we have same configuration and it is working fine.

But i do not know how to get downloaded the same webauth page from existing set-up from any sites .... if i could get path to download the web auth page from any of the existing sites  controller , i will get the same from any sites controller and get uploaded same into this mentioned internal controller.

Please let me know if anything to be done or i am doing some wrong troubleshooting .........

I would appreciate if someone could give an solution on this ....

Hi,

Can anybody look into this and help me out to find resolution for the same ?

Is the custome web-auth bundle  available in the Anchor WLC. If yes, Select the "Over-ride Global Config " and select the required pages

Thanks

NikhiL

To add to this, I have seen with IE the custom web-auth bundle is really slow..Check with a browser other than IE

Regards

NikhiL

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already selected the  "Over-ride Global Config " option in anchor controller  and getting the required pages but if i do the same in Internal/foreign controller .

I am not getting the same option in internal controller even i am not getting any pages if i scroll down <login page >  option.

I have attached the respective page details of anchor and foreign controller.

Anchor controller > SSID configuratoin whereas , you can see that it is already selected.

Foreign controller > SSID configuration whereas I can not get any page details under < Login Page >

Hi ,

I am having two wirless controllers 5508 with normal and visitor connectivity and for visitor i am having 2 dmz wlc .i am facing the problem that i get limited connectivity problem in the laptop after connecting to visitor wireless network.i am having dhcp pool configured at my dmz controller.

for connecting i need to remove visitor network from my wirless network ,again give the key and then ipconfig /release renew and after taht it get connected some times but it is not that much frequent as compare to my normal wirless n/w/

Please do reply .

Hi Vishnu,

Could you please share the config of your interface and respective SSID ?

I would appreciate , if you could share the same after creating new discussion instead of existing one ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card