Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Guest wireless WLC configuration doubts

Hi Experts,

I have one WLC which is configured as a Foreign controller and other is configured with Anchor which is connected in DMZ ( behind firewall ) ...

I have one more Anchor controller which is physically connected to other remote office ...

As of now ,All guest clients are connecting to remote site anchor controller which is suppose to connecte locally configured anchor controller.

Can anybody suggest me ... what configuration or settings i need to look into so that guest clients can be connected to locally configured Anchor controller.

Please suggest me ....

3 REPLIES

Hi Vinod,

Can you clear your question again.

Do you want your clients at the remote site to get connected with the Anchor controller in the DMZ ? If yes, then in that case you can use your remote office Anchor controller as a Foreign controller and run the show.

Let me know if this doesn't solves your issue.

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually , i would need all the guest clients to be connected to local Anchor controller instead of remote site Anchor WLC.

but unfortunately right now , all the clients are connected to remote site .

I need to keep set-up such a way like , if local Anchor controller is down then only, guest should connect to remote site Anchor controller.

So you want the remote Anchor controller to be treated as a backup. Right ?

In my knowledge, that's not possible to use only one anchor controller at one time. since we have to enter the Anchor controller details in the foreign controller. So if we enter both the Anchor controllers in the Foreign controller they will start load balancing.

Other process is - make a manual entry in the Foreign controller at the time of primary anchor controller failure so that the traffic start moving to remote anchor controller. This is a work around.

Otherwise I don't know if there are any settings which can be done at the Primary Anchor controller to switch to backup controller in the event of failure.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content