Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

H-REAP enabled AP

hello Frieds,

i have a remote site and have configured one LAP in H-Reap mode.

i have the followoing problems.

1: remote branch office access point (H-reap mode ap) showing all ssids which i have in Head office like ( Emp, Cont, Guest) while i just configured (Emp) ssid only to be used in remote branch office with local switching (local vlan tagged). i want to stop broadcasting of other ssids there at remote site how can i stop them???

2: internet browsing is very slow on wireless network in remote branch office through this access point(H-reap) while the local lan works fine. any seggustion about this please???

3: can i use only one local vlan for multiple ssids in remote office for local switching??

if yes than the switch port will be configured as trunk or access port??

many thanks

Everyone's tags (3)
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: H-REAP enabled AP

You need to define AP Groups and that is where you can specify what SSIDs will be available for that AP Group. On the FlexConnect AP, in the FlexConnect tab, you specify the SSID to vlan mapping. So if you want all your SSIDs on the same vlan, that is where you configure it. If the data traffic and the ap management will be on the same subnet then you can keep it as an access port, but then you don't want the have native vlan support on the FlexConnect ap. if your trunking then configure the FlexConnect native vlan and also the SSID to vlan mapping.

Once you get this figured out, then we can look at why it's slow.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thanks for your reply fella

i really appreciate your support

well, actually i have configured all these things which you asked for up

but i need a small correction that do i need to configure a native vlan tag when i have only one ssid to be broadcast in remote Branch because i did it and users gets ip addresses from local lan in branch but when i browse internet its very slow.

i have also configured h-reap group and add this ap in that group and i am using PKS as a L2 security on the ssid.

any idea about why internet speed is so slow???

ap model is 1142 and controller is 5508 with latest code 7.0.235

thanks

You only need native vlan if you are trunking. If you are going to put traffic on another subnet other than what the ap is on. Is your wired side slow. Connect a laptop to that same vlan and test.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

thanks fella

yes i testes wire side that is fast and works fine but only through wireless browsing is very slow and some time even no browsing.

is this because of i used the native vlan taged on the ap?

i am using the same subnet for wireless data trafic and ap managment so what is this better to remove native vlan tag option and leave is as untagged??

what do you say?

thanks

You don't need that setting then if everything is on the same subnet. Is the switchport and AP negotiating correctly. Do you see errors on the interface? These are things you need to look at in case it's a cabling issue, etc. The WLAN is locally switched correct?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

yes the switch port and ap are negociating fine and there is not any error on port.

but i tried to remove native vlan id from the ap it gave me error that i cann't remove native vlan id from h-reap.

also wlan is locally switched because the users get ip address from that local vlan (vlan 30)

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies