Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HA client SSO - traffic interruption

Hello ,

kindly i enabled HA with client SSO on a pair of WISMs installed in 6500 VSS mode . the configuration is ok .

when i am going to test client SSO . i sent a stream of ICMP packets from a wireless client then i did a switch-over for the controllers .

what i noticed ,that i had around 10 request time-out for the ICMP during that test . so any clue about that ? as cisco claims that traffic should seamlessly sent .

thanks .

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Have you looked at this guide

Have you looked at this guide.... there are some differences in confiugration, but in VSS there is more of a timeout

Client SSO (Client Stateful Switchover)

To support High Availability without impacting the service, there needs to be support for seamless transition of the clients and APs from the active controller to the standby controller. Release 7.5 supports Client Stateful Switch Over (Client SSO) in Wireless LAN controllers. Client SSO will be supported for clients, which have already completed the authentication and DHCP phase and have started passing traffic. With Client SSO, the client’s information is synced to the Standby WLC when client associates or the client parameters change. Fully authenticated clients, i.e. ones in Run state, are synced to the Standby and thus, client re-association is avoided on switchover making the failover seamless for the AP as well as for the client.

• Client SSO will work with Anchor-Foreign mobility setup as well as Guest Anchor scenarios.
  • L3 MGIDs are synced to the Standby Controller.
  • The failover time varies from ~2-996 milliseconds depending on the category of box failover.
  • The management gateway failover time is in the order of ~15 seconds, which is the time taken for 12 pings to the management gateway.
  • The default RTT latency between the two WLCs is 80 milliseconds. RTT latency should be less than or equal to 80% of the Keepalive timer. The Keepalive timer is configurable in the range 100-400 milliseconds

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/7-5/High_Availability_DG.html#pgfId-78208

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

i have followed the HA

i have followed the HA instructions for VSS , but according to the guide :

-failover time from 2-996 msec .

- the highlighted "it taks 15 seconds" in case of gateway unreachbalilty .  however , in my test that matches what cisco did for the failover , i did force-switchover ....., so why i got high traffic interrupt unlike what cisco got 0% loss.

also when i repeated the test , the client disconnects for short while (like 2-3  seconds ) then reconnect back again . but total traffic interruption time is around 5-6 missed pings

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content