Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HA Configuration and AP migration

I have been tasked with setting up 3 5508 WLC controllers in an HA configuration and migrating 150 AP's from a WISM setup currently in place. I haven't been able to find too much documentation on setting up the 3 WLC's in an HA config and other then setting them up in an active standby mode I am not too sure what steps to take from a programming and topology perspective to get these up and running. Also I am looking for more information on migrating the access points to the new controllers without reprovisioning them all. Is this possible? Any information on these topics would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can only set TWO (2) WLC

You can only set TWO (2) WLC in an HA SSO setup.  

Could you explain how a

Could you explain how a tertiary would be used then? I am fairly familiar with basic setups but being presented with the 3 controllers also made me question whether or not it was possible. Tertiary was one of the things I came across in the research I have done so far but no further configuration information came along with it.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Are you using HA-SSO or are

Are you using HA-SSO or are you using the old style Primary/Secondary/Tertiary controllers?

Configuring Backup Controllers (GUI)

I cannot say which one it

I cannot say which one it will be since I do not have a final plan yet. The initial request shows that 2 WLC's are active while one is in standby. I do not believe this is a supported configuration based on this link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_01110100.html#concept_6C8DB7891E764C869E5FC11349120C20

Let's say though this is going to be setup in the old fashion, Primary/Secondary/Tertiary, is there some detailed documentation on this? HA SSO seems like the way to go but I am going off the info I have gotten so far.

Views
Helpful
Replies