cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HA configuration and the mobility anchoring configuration

Angus Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Site A                                                                             Site B

-----------                                                                          --------------

Two 5508 controllers in HA                                            Two 5508 controlles in HA

I have  2 sitewhich  is having controllers configured in HA .

All my traffic from site 1 needs to  lands on the site 2 controller  to access the network .

Can anyone please help me in this configuration.

On the HA boxes  which mac should i give for mobility peer .How to configure mobility peering in HA environment .

Regards

Angus

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should be these address your using for the AP SSO Mobility Peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080bd3504.shtml#mobility

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scot ,

I have a scenario where i have HA setup in Anchor and Foreign controller . Both the devices i am using 5508 Controller running 7.5 code .

My SSID ( using WEB Auth )  does the Authentication from the Anchor controller . The setup is working fine .

But when i Do a Failover test at the foreign controller my client session disconnects and forced to  reauthenticate but my AP SSO works as expected .

I checked the AP summary and the client summary . AP details are getting replicated to the standby device but the client session is not replicated .

When i do a failover test for the  Anchor controller i am able to get  seamless AP & client SSO .

Can any one please let me know what could be the issue

Regards

Agnus

I don't know if client SSO works when anchoring a WLAN. From what I know, client SSO works when clients are authenticated local to the HA WLC and not as mobile clients. Does your client SSO work for WLAN's on the HA pair?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card