Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HA SKU configuration - N+1

Hi all,

In my environment i have 3 cisco 5508 controller with release 7.6 . Two controllers are configured as primary and the third controller is configured as a secondary ha-sku, do not have to configure the peer between primary and secondary, but the redundancy is ensured by the functionality of the backup contoller, right?

just configure on the primary the backup controller feature and just convert the backup
on HA secondary.

can anyone confirm what I said?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If I understand your query...

If I understand your query....

two WLC are configured as primary WLC for some AP. You have a HA-SKU WLC that is also configured separately. 

If that is correct, no you do not have to do the RP configuration and link the WLC. You simply need to define the HA-SKU as the secondary for your APs.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
2 REPLIES

Hi.Well your service will be

Hi.

Well your service will be interrupted by the time that AP's take to sign with your secondary controller. the time depends how many AP you have. After all the AP sign to your backup controller the service will be restore.

If I understand your query...

If I understand your query....

two WLC are configured as primary WLC for some AP. You have a HA-SKU WLC that is also configured separately. 

If that is correct, no you do not have to do the RP configuration and link the WLC. You simply need to define the HA-SKU as the secondary for your APs.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content