Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Help - Aironet 350 AP with Intel Pro Wireless PC Card

Hi All,

newbie problem.

Recently I installed 350 AP and Intel wireless PC Card on a laptop.

350 AP is connected to wired LAN. I manually configured IP for the AP.

e.g. 192.0.10.2 with gateway 192.0.10.1

The gateway is our ADSL router which is also connected to the same wired LAN. After installed the PC card, it can recognize the 350 AP SSID, but I can't ping to the 192.0.10.2

How to solve the problem? is there any compatibility issue between 350 AP and Intel wireless pc card ? I refer to www.wirelessethernet.org that both are Wi-Fi CERTIFIED products

TIA,

Andi

4 REPLIES

Re: Help - Aironet 350 AP with Intel Pro Wireless PC Card

Hi,

additional information: besides Intel PC Card, the laptop is also installed with Xircom network pc card.

Regards,

Andi

Cisco Employee

You need to make sure that the wireless card in PC has ip address statically configured or received from dhcp on dsl modem/router.

Also you need to select "non-Aironet 802.11" for Radio Network Compatibility (Ensure Compatibility With) field on "The Express Setup Page" as you have non-Cisco Aironet devices on your wireless LAN.

Pl. visit following url for config on AP250.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch3.htm

Hi,

how to set the static IP for the PC card ? I can't add any TCP/IP protocol for this Wireless card.

Pls help

TIA,

Andi

Hi,

Problem solved.

Remove existing tcp/ip for dial-up adapter. then add tcp/ip protocol for wireless pc card.

Don't understand why win98 SE cannot add more than 3 tcp/ip protocol for 3 different adapter.

Rgds,

Andi

Views
Helpful
Replies