Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Help needed in Cisco Wireless Nework

Hi, I really needs some help here. My work place has recently implemented wireless network with Cisco Aironet NIC, Cisco Aironet Access Point and Cisco Access Control Server. We use handheld PC to connect wirelessly to the network and access files as well as web base application.

The problem that we are facing is the connection to the network, it takes approxmately 2 mins. This timing really piss my users of due the nature of their work.

The connection is as follows :

Users turn on the handheld PC and enter the Windows Logon Module, after entering the logon name and password for LEAP authetication, it takes up to 2 mins to connect to network and access the Microsoft Terminal Server where application resides.

We have encryption key set between the handheld PC and Access point. The connection between the Access Point and Access Control Server is using Radius protocol. After which Access Control Server will LEAP autheticate the logon and password then connect to the network.

Should I turn off the LEAP authetication, I am able to access the intranet within 5 secs, but no access to network resources.

Are there anyone with similar experience? Where can I configure in order to shorten the timing?

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Help needed in Cisco Wireless Nework

If you think that EAP on your handhelds is a lost cause, Checkpoint now has a pocketPC VPN product.

Cisco Employee

Are they pocketPC devices? You may be running into bug CSCdx45000.

You can look the bug up (and a work-around) on CCO. Use "BugTookit" available at the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/support/tac/t_index.shtml

This looks really promising. However, I only have "guest" access to CCO, so I can't read it! Would it be possible to post the bug fix / workaround in the public forum, so we can all read it? Thanks.

Here ya go:

CSCdx45000 Bug Details

<http://www.cisco.com/apps-ui/generic/interim/images/pixel.gif>

Headline DHCP takes too long with CE device

Product aironet-nic Model pcm352

Component drivers Duplicate of

Severity 3 Status Assigned

First Found-in Version 4.24(1)

05/08/2002

Description:

DHCP process for CE device takes too long (60+seconds) with LEAP,

but a lot faster without LEAP or DHCP enabled

Symptoms:

Takes a long time for user to be able to search web page after entering user

information.

Assessment:

We have been able to re-create this in the lab

Workaround:

Try using these registry settings on the CE device.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Cisco1\Parms\Tcpip]

"DhcpMaxRetry"=dword:01000000

"DhcpRetryDialogue"=dword:01000000

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content