Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.
For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.
I would like to have a bit of help here on 877w adsl wireless routers.
All is working fine from wlan perspective.
What I plan to do is as follows
Plan - I want network users and guest user access on 877w. Security is very crucial, as don't want guest users to access lan but only internet.
1. Create 2 vlans
2. Create 2 ssids
3. Create two subnets 1st for users, 2nd for guests.
4. Assign 1st Vlan / ssid / subnet to network users.
Assign 2nd Vlan / ssid / subnet to guests.
5. Network user wlan auth/encryption will be wpa2 (tkip / aes).
6. Guest user wlan auth/encryption will be wep (open authentication).
7. Block all layer 3 access or traffic from guest subnet.
I want to configure this through command line or SDM. But I keep getting confused and lost. Kindly help.
This part of the software configuration guide presents a variety of possible Ethernet- and Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)-based network configurations using the Cisco 850 and Cisco 870 series access routers.