cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Availability Configuration for AP in 5508 with 7.5.102.0

sreejith_r
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently upgraded the controller to 7.5.102.0. Once the controller is upgraded i tried to change the high availability configuration for the access points. But it fails.

I am not able to set the primary and secondary controller name for the AP in 7.5.102.0

Any Clue?

Thanks & Regards

Sreejith R

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not able to set the primary and secondary controller name for the AP in 7.5.102.0

What error message are you getting when you do this?  Make sure all your entries do not have a space before, between and after.

It's giving error in setting controller name. I am just changing from controller 1 to controller 2. No issue with space

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Post the WLC CLI output of "show ap config general "  command for one of your AP. If nothing is configured  for HA or HA configured value to be changed, try the below CLI commands for that AP & see what error message you got on CLI

(WLC ) >config  ap secondary-base

(WLC ) >config  ap primary-base

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

It's giving error in setting controller name.

Dude,

You are NOT helping.  The error message is very specific. 

I will repeat my question again:  What is the EXACT error message?

I am just changing from controller 1 to controller 2.

Did you move the WLC 1 details into WLC 2 and leaving WLC 1 blank? 

If you trying to change the setting from an AP template on the Cisco Prime, you might have a Google chrome Issue.

Try to configure it directly on the WLC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: