Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

High Latency experienced once connected to 802.11g, but linktest results appear healthy?

I was connected at 802.11g and was running a continual ping to the DG interface on the L3 switch to which the WLC is connected too.

Response times were healthy almost all day and then they jumped very high. They continued to stay high for a long period. I disconnected (to wired) and then reconnected to the wireless and got the same results. I then disconnected for some time (connected via wired) and then reconnected via Wireless again - to which I got the same results. I stayed on the wireless connection and then it decided to come right. During this time high response time period I ran a linktest to my MAC address from the WLC and got the following results.

(Cisco Controller) >linktest 1C-65-9D-E4-55-16

Link Test to 1C-65-9D-E4-55-16.

Link Test Packets Sent.......................... 20

Link Test Packets Received...................... 19

Local Signal Strength........................... -50dBm

Local Signal to Noise Ratio..................... 44dB

Seems healthy? But yet I was getting these appalling response times. The WAP and WLC are plugged into the same L3 switch. When I connected to the wired interface my response times returned to what is expected.

I have attached the output to this discussion for review.

Any ideas as to what this would be a result of? please note that this occurred outside of peak usage hours - also note that I have seen this before another time during peak times. But no alerts or traps seen on the WCS or WLC?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content