Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Hospital Policy Regarding Wireless Devices

I was wondering if any of you out there have a company policy written regarding wireless devices?

I work for a hospital and I'm in the process of writing up a policy regarding the use and installation of various authorized / unauthorized wireless devices...

Currently, there is no "official" written policy preventing people from bringing in their own AP's and in order for me to take action against this I need to have an official policy written and then approved by management.

Do any of you have one that I could reference so that I can make sure I have all my bases covered?

Any suggestions or samples would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

-Brett

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Hospital Policy Regarding Wireless Devices

Hi Brett,

I can't share ours with you, but many of the base ideas and

templates came from a simple search on "wireless acceptable use policy"

via one of the major search engines

Cheers!

Rob

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Hospital Policy Regarding Wireless Devices

There are a number of guys who are taking care of wireless in a number of hospitals and they should be able to give you a brief run-down.

In my personal opinion, no one, unless sanctioned by the organization, is allowed to bring their own "chop suey" network gear into a production network.  I've had a number of experiences where they caused network outages and un-necessary hours of troubleshooting that were caused by equipments that simply wouldn't work in the network because of lack of functionality (for example).

Views
Helpful
Replies