cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I get CDP neighbor information from access point reports in Cisco Prime 2.0

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

How can I get CDP neighbor information from access point reports in Cisco Prime 2.0?  I have looked through all the reports and I cannot find a report that gives me the CDP neighbor information of an access point.  I thought that information was in there, however I cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You can get this from an inventory report in PI (Select Report Type AP). Here is an example of PI 2.1 works for me. Once you export this into excel you can sort based on controllers & filter the single controller connected AP you want.

Regards

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

Rasika shows you how to get that info from PI 2.1... but you have to customize the report to get the neighbor info.

I tend to run reports like that from the WLC itself to a spreadsheet I have created.  I run the show ap cdp neighbor all on the cli of each WLC and put that information in a spreadsheet.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Odd. 

If you click the AP in question, you should have a tab called "CDP Neighbors".  

tdennehy
Level 1
Level 1

I should be more clear.  I don't want to look for a single access point.  I want a report on 4212 access points and don't want to go through each access point and find out its neighbor.  I thought it could be done through PI.

Let me get back to you on this.  

What you are asking for CAN BE DONE.  I've done it before with WCS so I'm sure it can be done with PI.

I agree!  I thought it could be done also.  I believe I used to do it in WCS as well.  However, yesterday I looked at PI to run a report on CDP neighbor information to help track down some access point locations that lost their configs, and discovered that I could not find the report that showed me 
CDP information on the access points.

Try this: 

Go to Monitor > Access Points. 

You should see in the upper left-hand corner a blue box called "Edit View".  Click that and choose the option you want enabled.

Hi

You can get this from an inventory report in PI (Select Report Type AP). Here is an example of PI 2.1 works for me. Once you export this into excel you can sort based on controllers & filter the single controller connected AP you want.

Regards

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Rasika shows you how to get that info from PI 2.1... but you have to customize the report to get the neighbor info.

I tend to run reports like that from the WLC itself to a spreadsheet I have created.  I run the show ap cdp neighbor all on the cli of each WLC and put that information in a spreadsheet.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

abwahid
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Collectively Rasika and Scott comment is answer of your query

please check and run the report by his way, hopefully you will find CDP information by this way.

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you can get the CDP neighbor information.

You need to go to Report-> Report Lauch pad-> Device -> Inventory -> Inventory Report Details

wirelessman
Level 1
Level 1

very cool stuff... esp for gazillions of ap's

been using this tool since wcs and now, just very recent, with pi2.0...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card