Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How do I see the clients that are connected to the access point?

Hello,

In Wireless Control System (WCS), how do I see all the clients that are connected to the Access Point? I can do a particular search that if I know the mac address. But what I really like to know is that which clients is connected to the network. That means it sould be able to show me, example, Client A is connected to AP 1. The problem in WCS is that I can't do that. Can some please advice how I am able to do this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: How do I see the clients that are connected to the access po

Monitor > Clients

I did that already. But nothing was there. Could it be the settings on what I want it to show or everyone has the same default page where it redirects you after selecting it? Please see print screen. This happens after Monitor > Clients.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

That's because you don't have any clients successfully authenticated.  The right-hand side of your screen shot shows clients who associate (orange) but no successful authentication (blue).

Sorry, I am really new at all this wireless and WCS. Sorry again if this question sounds stupid. What's the difference between associate and authentication?

The users are connected to the AP and have no problem with Internet and LAN. They are already authorized to login.

Two ways:

First:

Under monitor, go to Access Points, then chose the target AP and click on it to open a menu, go to the Current Associated Clients tab.

Second:

User the search tool on your upper right corner, type in the target AP name, execute the search, on the results, click view list, on the list chose you AP and then go to the Current Associated Clients tab.

Enjoy.

Phil.

Views
Helpful
Replies