Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How many wireless antennae's per mast?

To some this may seem like a silly question, but I am new to the wireless stuff, so bear with me.  I am using AIR-C3502e-A-K9 with 6 external outdoor antennaes (3 2.4 ANT-2506 and 3 AIR-5160V-R).  My question is how many can I install per external mast?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: How many wireless antennae's per mast?

It depends what you are looking for.

The antennas should be separated by the same distance (like the connectors on the AP) and the separation should be close to a wavelength (again, similar to the distance between antenna connectors on AP). So you already have to put them side by side and that limits the amount of antennas you can stack up :-)

Now if you want to put the antennas of another AP just below, it's fine. However it's best for those 2 APs to have 1 channel separation (=channel 1 and channel 11 on b/g or channel 36 and 44 on a). If antennas are really close, if the channels are adjacent you will still get interferences.

Hope this helps,

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content