Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to check highly utilized APs on WLC?

Hi guys,

On the WLC, is there a way (GUI or cli) where we can pull up highly/highest utilized APs, in terms of no. of association, channel utilization etc. without actually going into each individual AP?

Also, on what scale WLC reports the channel utilization, is it in percentage? I recall I read somewhere it is actually on a scale on 1-255? How to read the utilization correctly?

Thanks,

Utkarsh  

4 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Hi Utkarsh,NO by WLC  its not

Hi Utkarsh,

NO by WLC  its not possible but if you have WCS or NCS then you can check the thresolved level on AP and many other things.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,Thanks for your

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your response.

I thought the same that without WCS or NCS it's not possible. Looks like I have to convince the management to invest in NCS! ;)

Thanks,

Utkarsh

Hall of Fame Super Gold

This will depend on your

This will depend on your firmware. 

If you have, for example 7.6.X, if you click the All Details of all the APs, you'll note a column of the number of wireless clients.  

Otherwise, if you want more granularity, you'll need to invest on Prime Infrastructure to generate report. 

However, if you know a lot of about PERL scripting and SNMP, then you can write up a script to do what you want.

Hi Leo,Thanks for your

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, the WLC is running on 7.4.100.0 and I don't know a LOT of scripting :(

Any pointers about the channel utilization? Is it reported in %age?

Thanks,

Utkarsh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content