cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure IPAD to connect Wireless (WPA2)

peeravin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert,

I've problem that I cannot configure IPAD connect Wireless LAN (Auth   WPA2)  so I don't know How I have to configure anything on  Wireless Controller or I've to configure anything on IPAD. Please advise me sir.

Best Regards

Peera

7 Replies 7

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

As I understood , you need configuration on controller side ...  if that is the case... please follow below procedure ..

once you login to controller through GUI ... you need to select " Wireless " option

1) select wlan which you want to configure with WPA2 ...

2) you will get page with all details about corrousponding WLAN

3) select " Security " option in wlan option

4) once you click on security option , you will get option with WPA+ WPA2

5) select that option with what type of encryption you required ...

I believe you need wpa2 with personal edition. if so ... please select PSK with TKIP option .

once you do that , it will be activated from controller side for the respective Wlan ...

About IPAD ... you need to select wpa+wpa2 with psk and TKIP .... I do not have clear idea about IPAD ...

HI expert,

Do you know what version of IPhone,IPAD firmware can support WPA2 (EAP tls,fast,peap) ?

sorry,

I do not have idea about IPAD firmware .

Hi Expert,

Could you tell me that Which command or tool in wireless controller use for monitor when client try to establish ?

show logging, ....?

thank you very much

Hi,

login to controller through console or telnet and give below commands

1) show client details < client MAC address >

2) debug lwapp client ?

let me know whether your requirement is fulfilled?

thanks,

vinod

Hi,

for more info. please go through below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080b3e118.shtml

thanks,

vinod

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

If you want to do advance security with the iPad you will be required to download the apple utility to open these options.

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl926

Is this what you are looking for?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card