Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to configure the access points?

This is my first expirience with wireless and I need a help.So, I want to connect my notebook to LAN using wireless LAN adapter and wireless access point.

I connected access point to network.My network uses DHCP addressing but I was expecting to get automatically IP address for my access point but it didn't happen.

So I cann't access from my notebook to network.

How to configure access point manually?

Which parametars are important for configuration, I have tried to configure but something is missing?

Can someone explain me why we use SSID and can I put tsunami?

Thanks in advance!

Denis Burmaz

2 REPLIES

Re: How to configure the access points?

First, the AP won’t take the DHCP address until you tell it to. It comes with a default address and you can change that with a utility. If you’ve changed it once, it’s not going to work again in which case you must console connect to the AP and use CLI to look at the address that’s there. Then put your notebook on that same network address and browse to the AP. Set it up and change the IP address to whatever you want (or DHCP). Use tsunami for your SSID or change it to something more significant. But it must be the same on the client device and the AP.

How to configure the access points?

Please review the below link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20629

Views
Helpful
Replies