Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to configure WPA on Aironet 1300 without using RADIUS

I'm trying to set up a couple of Aironet 1300s. I want to use WPA, but I don't have a radius server.Is it possible to configure then 1300s to use WPA with a password and not a RADIUS server? Thanks.

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to configure WPA on Aironet 1300 without using RADIUS

Yes this is possible.  Under the Radio you call the encryption method you want to use:

encryption mode ciphers tkip

then under the ssid:

dot11 ssid Test

authenticaiton open

authenticaiton key-managment wpa

wpa-psk ascii 0 cisco1234

So long as the encryptions and keys match on both sides, and one is root bridge and the other nonroot they should bridge just fine

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
2 REPLIES

Yes this is possible.  Under the Radio you call the encryption method you want to use:

encryption mode ciphers tkip

then under the ssid:

dot11 ssid Test

authenticaiton open

authenticaiton key-managment wpa

wpa-psk ascii 0 cisco1234

So long as the encryptions and keys match on both sides, and one is root bridge and the other nonroot they should bridge just fine

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

That's exactly what I need. Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies