Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Expand Wireless Signals Strenth

canceevsat
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

Please guide me how I can expand up my Signals ?

I am receiving signals from my upstair room

I need to be expand these via an antenna or any thing ,Please guide me how I can be.

http://cancee.com/vpn/Signals.JPG

Regards,

Hammad

22 Replies 22

Ok Sir !

Then What I have todo now ?

How to boost or Expand my Signals ?

Regards,

Hammad

Hammad,

As I said earlier. You can't really increase the signal. Energy can't be created. Only focused. You could use a high gain antenna but that will not help when you have no signal. You need more power. You get that with more power output from the radio. You need a real access point. Something like a Cisco 1242 with high gain antennae. That's it. Nothing else can be done that is legal.

Dennis is right, but if you want to hack your way and break FCC regulation, you can try this:

http://lifehacker.com/software/router/hack-attack-turn-your-60-router-into-a-600-router-178132.php

Good Luck!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

to all

I recently set up a home wireless system for a relative, using an inexpensive wireless router and USB Radio from hte saame manufacturer. It's performance was lousy untill i updated both the router and USD radio to the latest software, at that point the tha connection is solid. by the way the router is upstairs and hte PC is downstairs. the router is a draftN box running in G mode, the computer is a desktop sitting on the floor with the radio stuck in the front USB port.

Bill

Dear Bill,

Same as per me I have also same setup My DSL Router is in Top Floor and my Desktop is in down stair and I am also facing signals problem .

Now what you are going to do?

Well I try certain experience different PCI and USB adapter and even Antenna also well share with me when you will get good signals and I am also trying here.

Hammad

Thanks for your reply I understand ,Well you can see here in picture that I have signals low and I am connected with my HOST DSL ROUTER so in this case what I have to do what is useful for me .

Hammad

Hammad

Agian with these products I can not stress strongly enough to install the latest drivers and firmware. both the router and card you are using should work with the latest software. i may have missed it but how far is it from your PC to the Router. as was mentioned before make sure the router is set to the highest power setting if the power setting is available.

Good Luck

Bill

Thanks Bill,

It,s almost 90mm and What is power settings ,

Hammad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card