cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to load SW in 1310 wireless bridge when flash has no SW-image

p.devalck
Level 1
Level 1

During an upgrade (autonomous software), I indicated that the system should create enough room to load the new software.

However, while loading the new software, the system crashed, so no image at all is left in flash.

How can I load a software image in the wireless bridge ?

In old days with routers this was possible with some x-protocol over the console connection.

Is there any description on how to handle this on a wireless bridge.

I always end up in the boot mode.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the device doesnt have an image, type reset on the boot console, When it comes up , if will ask for certain options

set IP_ADDR

set NETMASK

set DEFAULT_ROUTER

set IP_ADDR

set NETMASK

set DEFAULT_ROUTER

Make sure the value (IP_ADDR, NETMASK .. ) are copied exactly, other wise it will not work, Once you have copied, if you type set, you can seet these values.

After this type the following commands

tftp_init

ether_init

flash_init

and then

tar -xtract tftp:/// flash:

and boot

Thanks

NikhiL

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The below link should work for this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp160918

Basically, you power up while holding the mode buton, about 25 seconds.  And the AP should look for c1310-k9w7-tar.default.

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for your suggestion, but is does not address some issues :

- I haven't seen the mode button on the power-injector cum RJ45-coax convertor for the 1310 AP

- there is no image whatsoever on the flash memory.

I'm interested in getting a (first) software image in the access point/bridge so that it can at least start.

If the device doesnt have an image, type reset on the boot console, When it comes up , if will ask for certain options

set IP_ADDR

set NETMASK

set DEFAULT_ROUTER

set IP_ADDR

set NETMASK

set DEFAULT_ROUTER

Make sure the value (IP_ADDR, NETMASK .. ) are copied exactly, other wise it will not work, Once you have copied, if you type set, you can seet these values.

After this type the following commands

tftp_init

ether_init

flash_init

and then

tar -xtract tftp:/// flash:

and boot

Thanks

NikhiL

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card