Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

How to recover AP that's no longer visible in controller after bridge mode enabled?

How to recover and troubleshoot an AP that was changed to bridge mode and subsequently lost connection to the controller?  Tried toggling switch ports to force reboot, however unsuccessful.  Curious if there's a solution without having to manually get to these APs.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Jhon. Don't worry just

Hello Jhon.

Don't worry just need to add the AP's mac address to the controller and they will be back wink

Click Security tab --> AP Policies --> Add the Mac Adress 

**Please rate the answers if it was useful**

6 REPLIES

Hello Jhon. Don't worry just

Hello Jhon.

Don't worry just need to add the AP's mac address to the controller and they will be back wink

Click Security tab --> AP Policies --> Add the Mac Adress 

**Please rate the answers if it was useful**

VIP Purple

Hi,In order to configure the

Hi,

In order to configure the bridge in Local Mode, complete these steps:

Go to the WLC GUI and choose Wireless. It displays the list of APs that are currently registered to the WLC. Click on the AP for which you need to change the mode.

Check the option AP mode. If it says Bridge, then change it back to Local. This changes the Bridge AP to Normal AP.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi Sandeep,     Thank you for

Hi Sandeep, 

Thank you for your response.  The problem is that the AP's that were changed to bridge mode are no longer visible on the controller, and unresponsive to pings.

Jonh did you see my post? You

Jonh

did you see my post?

You need to add the Mac Address of this AP. and it will be rejoin to the controller?

You can add from Security Tab --> Ap Policies.

Hi D,   I saw it, I was just

Hi D,

I saw it, I was just waiting for my colleague to try it remotely.  It worked, its always something simple isn't it :)

Thanks again!

John

You're Welcome 

You're Welcome wink

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content