Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

How to replace faulty Flex 7510 WLC on HA

Hi guys,

I have a faulty secondary 7510 controller (on HA) and going to replace with a new one. How do I go about this?

What steps should I take?

Anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

I'm assuming that your

I'm assuming that your running AP SSO.  If so, then you just have to remove the old and configure the new one with the basic setup to get it on the network.  Then you just need to make sure that the existing is set to primary, which it should be and then make sure the mobility mac address is identical.  The unit id will be different, but the mobility mac is what you need to make sure is identical.  Then you can failover to the new if that will be your primary.

Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Cisco Employee

You need the new WLC and

You need the new WLC and configure as seconder with few basic configuration which i auto via start-up script. Make sure the settings are same on new WLC as before on secondary.

Mobility mac , redundancy port and MG are the same and remaining info will be sync on the secondary WLC and failover occurs when primary goes down.

More detail is given as below.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1130-ag-series/qa_c67-714540.html

Views
Helpful
Replies