Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup 2 1600i ap's

fletcher1001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

At my current place of work, we have a standalone guest wirleless network powered by adsl with 2 1600i SAP access points. However, only one is working, and try as we might, we cannot get the second one to run. We have tried running the same config as on the one that works, but it is not transmitting the SSID of the wireless router. They are both set as AP mode.

Does one have to be in root mode and another as a repeater? I have read several guides for configuring the AP, but none of them appear to cover adding a second AP to an existing one.

The one that is not functioning is connected to a switch that powers it, and the switch connects to the wireless router.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

This is the guide you are looking for, its covering your deployment step by step

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/68472-ap-as-wgb.html

*************Do rate helpful posts*********************

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Both APs need to be in root mode and have the same config except ip address and Channel number that needs to be different.

Please verify that you have turned on the radio interface.

If problem persists please attach the "sh run" and "sh ip int brief" commands.

Regards.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Does one have to be in root mode and another as a repeater?

AP #1 (the working one):  Set one of the radios (Dot110 or Dot111) as root bridge

AP #2 (same config):  Set the same radio as non-root bridge

kaaftab
Level 4
Level 4

This is the guide you are looking for, its covering your deployment step by step

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1200-series/68472-ap-as-wgb.html

*************Do rate helpful posts*********************

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card