cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to upload a configuration automaticaly ?

esanromay
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to write a script to automaticaly upload the configuration (all or only change some parameters) to a WLAN 1100 & 1200.

Is it possible ?

5 Replies 5

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Sure. Perl already has some modules / packages (Net::Telnet::Cisco ... even just Net::Telnet would work)

Anything that can talk through telnet (Python, shell script, C, C#, Ruby ...) oughta work fine.

You might do a google for COSI too, there's already some scripts / applications available.

Kiwi CatTools can gather and (I think) push configs too.

Good Luck

Scott

Thanks for your answer,

but that I realy need is to know what commands of CISCO must I use.

telnet < pass "xx" get "file.txt"

??

What scripting method / language are you wanting to use?

You would use the same commands you'd use if you were connected via the console or telnet, maybe a tftp transfer, or you could just pump the raw command text for the command.

Also, how "automatic" does it have to be? Are you going to have the script fired by a timer (connect, do changes, disconnect), or will the connection be done manually, and you just want to automate the change process once the connection is made?

Let's not get into a "20 questions" thing: what do you want to do, and how do you want to do it?

Let us know

Scott

Thanks for your asnwers,

Scripting language isn't the problem. For exemple, perl. My problem are cisco commands.

I have to change the configuration of a lot of 1100 & 1200, and I need to do it in a less time that could be possible. So I was thinking in prepare all the config files for each AP. Anf after write a script like;

connect 1st AP; upload config.file1

connect 2nd AP; upload config.file2

connect 3rd AP; upload config.file3

(of course it could be made by a 'for' sentence)

But I don't know if there's a command to upload all the config file. It exists?

thanks,

Josef Oduwo
Level 7
Level 7

If you are using SecureCRT you can get started here:

1. http://www.vandyke.com/support/crt/scripts/senddata_vbs.txt (VBScript)

2. http://www.vandyke.com/support/crt/scripts/senddata_js.txt (JScript).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: