Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view RF neighbors from AP

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

Is there a way I can see the RF neighbors from a AP joined with the WLC, can the show controllers dot11radio 0 will help in this

Regards

NikhiL

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well I know the show run-config has that info. The config analyzer might be easier to review since how it's broken down.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well I know the show run-config has that info. The config analyzer might be easier to review since how it's broken down.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scot, for the help

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can do it from the WLC. Go into the GUI, from the main page choose tge radios on the left menu, and pick the particular AP you want to view. When that page comes up switch to text view, should be upper right.

This will show you what neighbors are heard by the AP. this will only show you the Mac address of the AP, not the name.

So if you are looking ti see how OPW ( other people's wireless) is heard you need to do a bit of correlation. Between your AP macs and what's not yours.

Steve

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve

I dint get the text view option, which link was that

Regards

NikhiL

From the main page on the left Monitor Radio. Pick the radio. From there you should have an option for text view

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve,

Got it thanks

Regards

NikhiL

Males
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys

I find myself revisiting this old thread tonight and since I found the answer to the original poster's question, I cannot resist but to leave it here, should anyone look for it some day.

You can view this information also by ssh'ing into the AP (AireOS APs here...yes, those ol' guys) and issuing

show capwap rm neighbor-list 

It does not display a nice name like 'MyOldAP' but it does give you the bssid...and thus you can figure out who the neighbors are.

Enjoy!

Mae

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card