Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

HREAP & Local mode configuration for one SSID

I'm looking to provide one SSID Corporate access to multiple sites using HREAP. My question is it possible to configure one SSID and switch the traffic locally?

I have a controller in the main site that provides one SSID for Corporate access (AP's in Local mode) and would like to have the same SSID used at the remote sites, only difference is the break out locally.

Do I need to configure the HREAP interface on the controller if it is switching locally at the remote site? If so what interface should it be? I thought it would be locally anyway?

6 REPLIES

yes, you can do this.

In the WLAN, select HREAP Local switching.  This does not mean that the WLAN is always locally switched, just that it can be.

Put the AP that need to be HREAP/FlexConnect in that mode, reboot, then map the WLAN to the approrpriate VLAN for that site.

For the AP that you want to do central switching, just leave them as they are.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

The confusing part is on the controller. When you create the corporate access WLAN you need to select an interface/interface group. What should this be set to?

Also I have Local mode AP's on the same site as the controller. Are these able to use the same Corporate WLAN?

For the local mode, you just select whichever interface maps to the VLAN you want them in.

The AP in FlexConnect mode will ignore this value.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

what if there are 100 remote sites that need to do central switching?

Re: HREAP & Local mode configuration for one SSID

It doesn't matter how many sites there are. If you want the traffic to be locally switched you'll set the mode for the AP to be flexconnect and map the VLAN for that site. For anything centrally switched you wouldnt map the VLAN

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Cisco Employee

what if there are 100 remote sites that need to do central switching?

if you prefer to extend different/multiple central vlan to remote site using same or different WLAN then configure AP group .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content