Views
Helpful
Replies

HREAP - local switching & central authentication

goudier2001
Level 1
Level 1

Should I trunk the port to the AP or not

I have a WLC 5508 in the head office and have AP's in the remote office. I do not want traffic in the remote office to traverse the wan back to the WLC. I want the users at the remote office to use the local subnet at the remote site.

Should I then trunk the AP port on the switch to the AP as I have multiple ssid's with different subnets?

3 Replies 3

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, you should enable trunking on the AP port, if you need multiple VLAN support on the AP.Done forget to enable local vlan switching and the proper vlan mappings

Thanks I thought that but was getting conflicting information on it.

We also provide a guest access to remote sites that is tunnelled back to the wlc and then on to the DMZ. I guess this is not an issue when the Corporate access is configured for local break out?

You can configure Guest WLAN by disabling the Local Switching and it will be tunneled to the WLAN and to the WLC as long the connection is up. This will not affect your corporate access which is being switched locally

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card