Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

I've done something very stupid...

I've moved my 1252 APs to a new 6506 switch as we're moving office, and they are controlled by at 4402 WLC. The radios aren't coming up, apparently because there's not enough power. Anyway on the WLC I was fiddling around with the PoE settings for one of the APs (I think I selected power injector override) and suddenly I completely lost connection to it. Now the switch is denying it power:

Interface Fa3/24: inline power denied

The problem is, I don't have an AC adapter to plug into it, and it can't get any power from the switch - so how do bring it back up to change its settings?????

Thanks,

J

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: I've done something very stupid...

The question is, do you have access to the ap? If so, you can always reset the ap to default and allow it to join the wlc again. Since you moved it to a new switch, that switch must be able to supply at least 15.4W of power, enough to power up the 1252.

If you don't have access to the 1252, you are pretty much stuck either trying to reset the switchport..... which you probably already tried or try disabling cdp on that port. Try to hardset the power on the port...

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Hall of Fame Super Gold

A power injector or you need to bring the AP to you and clear the LWAPP config.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Try this:

Interface Fa3/24

no power inline never

Many thanks for your responses guys.

I don't have any power injectors unfortunately. I've managed to get it to negotiate power by removing the radio modules, I guess because it then requires less that its max power. It powers up, and then contacts the WLC - but errors:

%SYS-5-RELOAD: Reload requested by LWAPP CLIENT. Reload Reason: DID NOT GET CONF

IG RESPONSE.

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

It then reloads.

Any idea where to go from here?!

Thanks,

J

Actually I've got it working by removing only 1 radio - therefore there it is still able to download config from the WLC, but doesn't use max power.

Thanks for all your help.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

So you finally got it to work?

What IOS code are you running on the 6506? If you are on 12.2(33)SHX2 or better (I think) a feature called Optimized Power was added which will allow you to boot up the APs at a slightly reduced power. You give up the top N speeds but are able to run the AP off of inline power with both radios installed. I think it ups the max inline power usable by a port to 16800 mW.

It might help you out but since this was over a week ago you probably found a workaround.

Views
Helpful
Replies